AAA Login Additions
AAA Login website is a valuable tool for digital herd management.
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (Nov. 3, 2015) — AAA Login is an online herd management tool that lets Angus breeders analyze herd inventory, submit data and do business with the American Angus Association. It is a constantly evolving resource, said Chris Stallo, because new features are constantly added or tweaked from breeders’ requests.
The vice president of operations for the American Angus Association spoke to attendees during the Innovation Workshop at the Angus Means Business National Convention & Trade Show Nov. 3-5, 2015, in Overland Park, Kan.
Chris Stallo, Association vice president of operations, shared a new look for the AAA Login website with workshop attendees.
The AAA Login website had an overhaul of its layout this summer, receiving some mixed reviews. Change usually meets resistance, he admitted, though the new layout more closely resembles those used on mobile devices. However, the changes haven’t stopped 8,107 Angus breeders from logging in within the last 60 days, with a total of 125,757 logins performed and 13,959 acts of business handled.
There are 15,954 total members with an AAA Login account. Stallo reported that in fiscal year 2015, AAA Login accounted for 168,037 registrations, 53,382 transfers, 155,930 weaning weights, and 73,811 yearling weights submitted. These online submissions account for 52.45% of registrations, 33.35% of transfers, 49.42% of weaning weights, and 47.61% of yearling weights.
For more information on navigating AAA Login features, check out the “Login Lowdown” column in the Angus Journal.
Stallo offered insight into new features and trouble-shot some issues for session attendees.
- Helpful bubbles appear over the six tiles on the main page explaining each section, though breeders can click the “Do not show bubble help text” once they are familiar with the site if the bubbles annoy them.
- The “Registration/Transfer” page now has online entry options and spreadsheet offline entry options easily accessible for registrations, registration correction, transfers and request printed registration paper.
- Blue links on entry forms mean they have helpful tips available if you click them.
- Accounts can be linked together. For instance, two siblings with linked accounts could authorize bull codes. For instance, if a brother uses his sister’s bull and the accounts are linked, they he can enter the sister’s member code in the Bull Permit box and then select immediate family member in the Permit Type box. Additionally, animal sets can be made with animals from all of the linked accounts.
- It is possible to make a default preference to include cattle of all member codes that are linked. This can be done in edit preferences in the “My Account” tab.
- Custom reports now include Pathfinder® status, notes, genomic status and parentage SNPs search options.
- MaternalPlus now has tutorial videos for enrollment and more.
More information about these new features can be found in future “Login Lowdown” columns. Stallo encouraged questions, suggestions or feedback to be directed to email@example.com or by calling 816-383-5100.